Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Self Sabotaging

I don't think there are too many middle age women that work harder than I do when it comes to working out.  I do it all! I run, I sprint, I lift, I lift heavy and alot, I go hard, I go super hard, and I have come along ways.

But what I haven't overcome YET, is the self sabotaging!  I do AMAZING when it comes to diet and exercise all week long....but then something crazy happens over the weekend.  I allow myself to cheat....and cheat way too much!

This past weekend was a long weekend.  And now that it is over, I am just mad at myself for not staying on track with the clean eating! It's a crazy cycle.  For 5-6days I do 100% great...then for 1-2days out of the week, I completely ruin it! THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!   I know exactly what to do to achieve the goals I have....but WHY do I allow myself to mess all the hard work up on the weekends.  I don't know, but it is stopping now!!!

I think it dawned on me when my husband asked me this weekend to help him get back on track.  Of course, I gave him a smart-alic (how do you spell that?) answer and said "Honey, I can't be the one responsible for your actions..... If you want it bad enough, you'll do what it takes"-------GULP! I think I said that out loud and I HEARD MYSELF!  WHAM!~!!!   That should have been directed straight to myself.  I have done the dirty work (training) for hours upon hours a week.  But I have not done the true training of will power in my diet in a long time--at least not on the weekends!  I keep thinking, "If I would have stuck to the plan two months ago....then I would have had better results now!"  UGH!

So---Todd and I are gonna try this thing together, again.  I am gonna support him as he gets back into his healthy habits (yap, he is gonna be doing my workouts too).  We are both gonna be eating right.....this will include weekends, too.  I know my progress will be noticeable if I just go hard at the diet part.  Time to get in the zone and stay in the zone!!! NO CHEATING!!!!

The plan is super simple: Meats (mainly lean meats), lots of veggies, some fruit, some nuts, little dairy, little starches, no sweets, no fried food, and no sugary drinks or alcohol.


No comments: