Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SUCCESSFUL Detox

I am almost a full week past my final day of the Sugar Detox.  I do apologize for getting this blog up a little later than I intended.  LIFE and a TUMMY BUG struck me quickly after I completed the detox.

I am happy to report, I absolutely ROCKED that 21 Day Sugar Detox.  I only had ONE cheat on a PMS day of 10 chocolate covered raisins....other than that, I was 100% to the program and the program did work for me!!!

Looking back, the first 5 days were the hardest.  Mainly because I was learning to break a lot of bad habits......like a glass of wine on Friday nights, occasional chips when out to eat, lots of grabbing of fruits or processed food on the go.  None of these were an option for me! Even though I have pretty much gone wheat free in the last few months, I was shocked to see how I really WASN'T wheat free after all.  There were so many other things I was eating that contained wheat in those tiny ingredients on the back of the items. 

But the BIGGEST EYE OPENING LESSON for me was how much of it was a mental battle.  In the 38.5 years I have lived, I think I have been programmed to think I must eat till I am full.  So those first few days and first week, it was hard to just eat my eggs, bacon, avocado all at one meal and be done because I WAS STILL HUNGRY!!! **Or at least I thought I was??  I didn't have oatmeal or toast or piece of fruit to help make me feel full.....therefor I THOUGHT I needed more!   After the first week, I had realized I was NOT HUNGRY after all.  I just had mentally thought that since I was not feeling "stuffed" that I wasn't getting enough.  And let's face it, you can't really eat a ton of veggies and ever feel stuffed?  I was learning that "perfect fuel" didn't feel the same on me as what I was used to putting in me.  Suddenly, I was finally seeing that I was FUELING my body to work rather FEEDING my body to work!  I can defintely say my relationship with food had changed completely because of this detox.

Now, with that being said, I don't think this diet is the best fit for me to be on 100% of the time.  I found that fueling my body for my workouts just wasn't cutting it for me.  I don't hit walls very often...and even when I do, I usually can overcome, but I felt weak and out of shape about halfway through each workout.  It was tough.  I don't think I ever found a good pre-workout meal that gave me what I needed.

So I will be tweaking the program to fit my needs.  I am adding back in shakeology once a day.  I will continue to drink a veggie drink daily, I will do only two fruits a day but with more of a variety.  And I will add back in my whey post protein drink.  Other than that, I will keep to this diet.  I plan to remain wheat free and limit my sugar.

RESULTS BELOW:
Lost 5.3lbs
Lost---
1" @ chest
1/4" @arm
3/4" @ waist  (1.5" at biggest part of waist)
1/2 @hips
1/4 @thigh

I got GUNS!!! WHAT!?!?!

No comments: