Sunday, February 9, 2014

Post Detox Week and Many Other Toxins

WOW! My week following the 21 Day Sugar Detox was nothing in which I thought it would be or what I had planned. 

The weekend after the detox was SuperBowl weekend.  I had very little sugar or wheat that weekend, as I was not craving it at all! 

Monday was a GREAT DAY!  It was my daughter's 14th Birthday.  We got to sleep in and start our day late due to icy roads---which always makes this mom HAPPY! My daughter had a small "after school hang out party"! It seemed like we were off to a great start to the new week....


BUT, that Monday night/Tuesday morning around 1am, I woke up with the worst stomach cramps EVER.  I spent the next 6 hours hugging and clinging to my toilet.  IT WAS MISERABLE!  And for the first time in my life I saw a SIX PACK OF ABS COMPLETED SHREDDED ON ME! ***Not exactly the way I wanted to see them for the first time ever! LOL!!

-Tuesday, I was worthless.  I slept ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT and even late on Wednesday.
-Wednesday, I did my best to get back to normal....and spent much of my day working and preparing and leading children's ministry. 
-Thursday, I felt GREAT!  I went back to cossfit and even had a really good workout! I worked/ I cleaned. I cooked.  It was a normal day......
-Friday, I woke up with a terrible headache, stiff neck, head cold and cough!  REALLY?  I went to crossfit, but really didn't want to be there. I felt like I was in a fog all day. I was exhausted all day.
-Saturday, I was still tired, but better.

SUNDAY---Today, I feel much better.  I just sound a bit "manly" and have a cough still.

Despite the "ill struck" week I had, I did really well with limiting my sugar intake and remaining wheat free.  The only downside of this week is not getting enough calories....but considering I was sick and all, that's probably to be expected.

Here are a few things I have tried to add in and the results:
Shakeology----no issues and taste like rocky road!! YUM!
Nutthins---bloated me---taking them back out
Trail Mix---too much sugar, hurt my tummy--taking back out
Kind bar--- hurt my tummy--taking back out
Berries with raw honey---new favorite sweet treat
Almond Butter---this is "legal" on the detox but I had never had it until this week.  LOVE IT!
I "almost" made an adult drink with soda last night until I saw that 20oz of coke has 65sugar grams. This would have put me in a coma!!!  TOTALLY NOT HAPPENING!!!

Workouts this week were not near what I usually do (but sickness occurred).
Monday- Boot Camp with Trent
Thursday-CrossFit
Friday-CrossFit
Sunday-8mile run

This week I am looking forward to two things......
1) I have a doctor's appt and am looking forward to what plans the doctor has for me this year.  We have made some huge strides this year and can't wait to review the results.  ***My doctor is a friend of mine that I workout with:-).  She has been such an inspiration and a great form of education for me this past year!
2) I have a private Olympic Lifting Class on Thursday!!! OH YA!!! LIFTING HEAVY and DOING IT PRETTY!! LOL

No comments: