Sunday, November 30, 2014

December Determination


Thanksgiving Break!!! Which means more starchy foods than I am used to or even capable of eating. But I ate it anyways!!! We didn't have a typical Thanksgiving meal because this year we did something out of the ordinary.  We traveled to Santa Fe, NM to meet our California family half way.  Since we were both traveling, we decided to opt against a traditional meal and just bought simple groceries and shared...and then ate out on Friday and Saturday (once each day).  The foods we bought that I indulged in were..... popcorn, chips, cheese nips, pull pork, some green beans, some salad, eggs and bacon.  AND we ate out TWICE..... MEXICAN FOOD!!!  **Chips and a margarita might have been included..... :-(
Family Hike at the Tent Rocks just outside Santa Fe, NM


I can feel and see the starch all over my body and face.  Which is a good reminder of why eating like this is not ideal.  But I am going to be 100% honest with you.... I knew coming in this past week I was going to indulge, get it out of my system and get back AT IT as soon as I got back.

I also just recently found out that my hormones and thyroid are out of whack once again.  They aren't super out of whack like before but my doctor has put me back on hormone-pellet therapy and I will start my thyroid medicine again tomorrow.  I am okay with that cos I know I felt best a year ago when on all three.  AND I LOOKED GREAT AND LEAN THEN TOO!!! I would love to be therapy and med free, but I also realize I tried and sometimes the body just needs a little extra aid.

*** I am excited to also consult with my doctor on a new type of DNA test that will tell me EXACTLY what my body was designed to work well with and to stay away from.  I have this appointment this Wednesday!!! Can't Wait!!!
Last "late" January after 6 weeks of clean eating.


Me now! Bulky! Muscles but too much fat too! Time to lean out!
So onto DECEMBER--- This time last year, I hit a major turning point in my diet.  I began to eat clean, no processed foods...and even cut out all sugar eventually. I felt amazing!! Therefore, I am going to do the same thing this December and will do it even better than last year.

Tomorrow I will begin to mimic the exact plan I followed last year.  It was extremely doable... I am hoping to lose about 8-10# but of fat and not muscle mass.  ** I have grown to love my muscle and love being STRONG!!!

RULES to FOLLOW this MONTH:
1) No processed foods except the occasional nut thin crackers.
2) To crossfit 4-5x a week and lift on those days.
3) To do at least 30mins of cardio 3 days a week.
4) No adult drinks (just water or tea)
5) No fast foods
6) Only salads or fish if eating out.
7) 7 hours of sleep
8) 1600-1700 calories per day
9) 130g of protein per day
10) veggies at EVERY MEAL.



No comments: