Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Time is Coming

My last post was about setting new goals.  I have spent some time thinking of what my next new goal is.....  I have THREE!------  DRUM ROLL!!!!!

ONE-I am actually gonna give CrossFit a try this summer.  I have been dead set AGAINST the money and the driving to Sherman for this class, but after doing the boot camp (OTB-Out of the Box) style class here in Gunter, I have particularly grown to this style of training. It's all about ME competing against ME! And it's fun! CrossFit kind of makes me feel young again cos we are doing lots of gymnastics/cheer movement, lots of athletic movements and playing on new equipment!  (Gosh, it would be fun to start tumbling again like I did back in those cheerleading days.)  And yes, there is something kind of cool about holding a barbell with heavy weight on it! HAHA! 

Last night I attended my first real crossfit class.  I was the only new one there so it was a bit intimidating and I also knew NO ONE!  But, that's part of the challenge for me...to go into the unknown and try it and then get good at it?  At this gym (aka The Box), there are tons of barbells, pullup bars, rings, parallel bars, heavy weights, row machine, etc.  It's super cool!  And much harder exercises.  Which is good! Real good!
I want to look like them!  And be fit like them!! :-).

TWO-I want to get back into eating healthy again!  I haven't been 100% committed to my diet that I began back in January since my marathon.  And I haven't lost a pound since the marathon either!  Not only am I making poor choices from time to time, but my whole family seems to eat bad when this momma eats bad--and vice versa.  So this summer, starting TODAY, I want to be a health nut. I want to start counting my food groups again and eating clean again! And no adult beverages either.  I am even thinking of doing a cleanse soon.....  (will post about that later)  I know that I am putting in the work exercise wise, so why not waste it on junk food.  I think I could really change my body if I just eat the RIGHT FOODS!!!!

THREE- I am gonna get Todd moving.  My hubby has slowly gained weight since we married.  And I am always on him about eating right and exercising.  I can get him to eat right, but getting him to exercise is a CHORE!  He is probably 60lbs overweight....so moving for him is much slower than moving for me.  But the other night I took him to the track and actually jogged (trotted) the straight aways and walked the curves with him.  I think if I would get up in the morning with him to do this....he would actually do it!  So this summer, my goal is to get him up and moving,  and hopefully he can get healthy with me too:-). 

As for running.  I plan to keep running at least 4 days a week. This fall I would like to do another race.  I am even thinking about doing The Hottest Half Marathon in August???  And the Trifecta Triathlon in September, again?  Morgan has another race idea for late October too! :-). Love the choices! 

Now time to start on these goals:-).

No comments: