Saturday, May 4, 2013

I am a Marathoner!!!! Holy Cow!

It's almost been a week and I am just now starting to comprehend the awesomeness of this accomplishment of running a full marathon!!  Me? A Marathoner? For Real? 26.2miles in one long run?? That's insane!!! HA!  I even had a friend ask me today, "Did you learn anything from it?  Like why God gave you legs....to drive a car 26miles instead?" HA!!



Tuesday, I woke up to get the kids ready for school and after they left I began to pick up the house.  On my dresser, I saw my 26.2 bumper sticker.  I had bought this sticker over two years ago, after I ran my first half marathon.  I bought it as a reminder that I really wanted to try to run a full marathon someday.  That day, I brought that sticker home and laid it on my dresser so I could see it everyday....as a reminder.  It has laid there for so long.  I can honestly say, I have forgotten about it several times.  It just became a fixture on my dresser, as I was used to seeing it everyday.  But not on Tuesday!  I didn't have to dust around the sticker this time!!  I got to use my sticker!!! Placing that sticker on my car was the best feeling ever.  Probably better than getting the marathon medal! :-).  Reality was sinking in!!

And even more so last night....  It dawned as I went for my first post marathon run.  For years I have been taking off for some mileage, only imagining that one day I could or would be able to run a full marathon.  It's always been one of those "dreams" that seemed untouchable and unbelievable.  So last night, when I took off up Kerfoot, just a short ways into the run, I felt it!  That feeling of O MY GOSH, I DID IT! It's not just a dream anymore!!!  I actually did it! That feeling made my hair on my arms stand up and tears swell up in my eyes.  In the next 5miles, I began to thank God for all He had done to make it possible for me because I KNOW that He was involved the entire process!!


So many blessings from God made it possible for me to enjoy this accomplishment that He began in me!
-The training group to hold me accountable and to take the focus off myself.
-The long runs, that were all successful (good weather, good health and injury free)
-My crossfit training group that encouraged me
-The amazing weather--perfect for running.  Not even too windy, either!
-Shari and her gift of healing my injured foot in such a timely matter
-My family--who supports this passion of mine and never complained when I take some time away from them to go run.
-My friends--who text me along the way!  So thankful for all the verses Stacey Hunsaker typed me to get me to the finish line that last hour! And so many other amazing friends that randomly text me while I was running.
***There is something amazing about friends that share your passions by thinking of you and encouraging you, even if they can't be there physically.


This list could go on and on........but what I truly believe is that God was making all those things possible so I could run the race!  What an awesome way to grow my faith in Him!!!

No comments: