Friday, February 21, 2014

Clean Eating

Want to know what I am doing now when it comes to food??  I am clean eating.  It's pretty simple. The complicated part is actually eating enough from each list.  I have a macro count (percentages of protein, carbs, and fats)  that I try to hit every day.  And even on a cheat day, I cheat within my macro count.  My macros are specific for me and the type of training I am doing right now.  I will adjust them every so often if I am switching up my routine or working out more or less.

Here is my list:
PROTEIN (currently 35%)
Chicken
Steak (aim for leaner cuts)
Ground Turkey
Lean cuts of pork
Greek Yogurt
Eggs
Turkey Bacon or Uncured Bacon
Turkey Sausage
Fish
Some Milk
Some Cheese
**Protein Supplements

CARBS (currently 35%---but slowly working this to be more like 40%)
Sweet Potato
Ezekial Breads
LOTS OF FRUIT
LOTS OF VEGGIES
Beans
Occasional potato but very rare
Occasional corn on the cob 

FATS (currently 30%--but slowly working this to be more like 25%)
Organic Peanut Butter
Organic Almond Butter
Any nut (no sugar)
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkins seeds
Chia Seeds
Fish Oil (I drink this stuff---so helps with inflammation after a hard workout)
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Flax Oil
Avocado
Flax seed or meal
Wheat germ

CONDIMENTS--I try to avoid high sugar
Mustard
Walden Farms sauces
Some ketchup (I buy the natural ketchup now--no fructose)
Salsa! Salsa! Salsa!
Any dry seasoning without sugar or added junk
Mrs. Dash
Raw Honey
Extracts (vanilla)


I am eat at the minimal of 1725 calories a day but don't go over 1825 (unless I had a double workout day).  I track my food intake on MyFitnessPal but I DO NOT ADD my exercise to the logs.  And I do not minus any calories I get from working out.

My typical day...........
6:30am-I wake up a make a shakeology with 1/3 banana and 1/2 tbsp of almond butter
8am-I workout out (crossfit, home weights, run, or bike)
9:30am-Immediately after workout I have a protein drink (supplement)
10am-I come home a make a big breakfast
Then work or clean house......
1:30pm-light lunch
3pm---Veggie/Fruit Juicer Drink
5:30pm---Dinner
8pm----either a protein drink with small piece of fruit or something small that I might be lacking from my macros that day.

Other Supplements:
I take catalyst and O2 from Advocare preworkout
I take Vit B, Vit D, and multi-vitamin daily
I drink Herbalife Green Tea from 10am-1pm
I take Night Time Recovery from Advocare, too

A little Friday Selfie---PURPLE HAIR!!!


No comments: