Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gearing Up for Competition

This is the week prior to my first competition!  I am excited but not too nervous---at least not yet.  I think it helps that I am doing my first competition with a partner, so it isn't as intimidating!  And I feel much better about all the movements for all the WODS (workouts of the day).   But guess what??  Yesterday the heats (aka schedules) came out for each WOD.  There aren't just three WODs....but FOUR WODS.  The fourth WOD is an unknown WOD and we won't know till we get there.  I am praying for a running WOD!!! :-).  So yall promise to pray with me!  Both my partner and I love to run and are both pretty good at it too.  We could really make up some time in this one!!!!  ***FINGERS CROSSED!! 

Oh, another thing I was quite shocked about with the competition is that all the WODs are done close together.  We will do a WOD every hour! That's alot of workouts in one day in a short amount of time!!!! I am hoping my endurance training will benefit and shine through now! We shall see?  All in all, I am just going to enjoy the experience and get the experience!!!

Totally off topic.  But this month I have opted to do CrossFit unlimited.  So I have already been to four classes in just three days.  This has actually been good timing cos the weather has been either very rainy or cold and I prefer not to run in it just before the competition.  Having more crossfit class options has worked out towards my benefit already.

This morning, I did try a new class..... OLYMPIC LIFTING.  I absolutely LOVED it!!  In this class you work alot on your form and there are no real WODS to do....just alot of skill and form coaching on the lifts.  I already feel like I am getting better at the "clean".  :-).  The only bad part about this class is that it's at 6am in the morning and ONLY on Wednesday.  And most Wednesdays, Todd goes to play racquetball before work so I can't really make many early mornings workouts.  I may have to sweet talk Todd into moving his racquetball day??

COUNTDOWN is 3 days!!!

No comments: